How to submit a new question?
The "submitting a new question" feature has 3 parts. You can find the whole process in the Library.
- Writing a new question
- Mini Quiz: where you can check and vote on other players' questions
- Similarity check: you can check other players' questions if they match in content with an existing question
WRITING & SUBMITTING A NEW QUESTION
In the Library you can write & submit a new question. Please before you start writing a question carefully read the following article: What is a good quiz question like?
You can submit 10 Multiple Choice Questions and 10 Guess Questions a day (1 per each subject).
Submitting a new question - step by step tutorial:
1. Choose what kind of question you'd like to write: Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) or Guess Question (GQ)
2. You should enter your question in the top box. It CANNOT be longer than 120 characters.
If you write a MCQ you need to enter 4 answer options. Please enter the correct answer in the box with the golden frame. The answer options CANNOT have more than 40 characters.
If you write a GQ the answer should be a positive integer, up to 9 digits and 0 (zero).
But we recommend to keep the answer less than 6 digits. If the answer is longer you should use in your question for example the term "thousand" ("How many thousands of dollars did Marion steal in Hitchcock's "Psycho"?" - instead of "How many dollars did Marion steal in Hitchcock's "Psycho"?")
If you finish writing the question and the answer(s), you should choose the subject of the questions.
You can find more information about the subjects in THIS ARTICLE.
3. If you1re ready click on the "Submit" button.
After submitting a question we will check if there's any same questions in the question database.
If there's no same question, your question will get into the Mini Quiz where other players can check and evaluate it.
If you question successfully goes through the Mini Quiz, and according to the majority of the players it's a good question and it should be in the game then the players will check if there's any similar question in the game. (See below: Similarity Check).
If you question goes through every process with a positive results then you'll see your question again in the game. :)
In the Mini Quiz you can find the new questions submitted by other players. You can check 5 questions / day.
IMPORTANT NOTE! The questions of the Mini Quiz are submitted by players so they are responsible for the content of the questions. The questions are published in an unchanged form, so obscene, offensive "questions" can occur.
Please visit the Mini Quiz only at your own risk! THX GAMES assumes no responsibility for the content of submitted questions.
If you don't have time to check new questions just click on the little X button in the upper right corner of the Mini Quiz window. If you close it this way you can open it anytime you want from the Home page.
Those players who use the function incorrectly will be banned sooner or later, but this requires that the question be rejected in such a case.
Let's get start the Mini Quiz! :)
1. In the first step you need to answer some of the new questions submitted by other players.
2. After answering a question you need to evaluate it. You can choose as follows:
- The new question is good as it is, it can be in the game
- The new question is good, but it needs a little modification
- The new question does NOT fit in the game
The new question can be in the game:
If the majority of the players accept the new question the next step is a duplication check. If there's no other similar question in the database the question will be released in the game and the sender of the question will get the Knowledge Points.
The new question needs a little modification:
If the majority of the players vote on this option then the question will be redirected to one of those players who voted on the modification. (S)He can correct the question and it will go back to the voting phase.
The new question doesn't fit in the game:
If the majority of the players think the question is not good enough to be in the game it'll be deleted and will NOT released in the game. In this case the sender of the question will get penalty point.
3. If the new question is accepted by the players (1st and 2nd option above) the duplication checking is the next step.
DUPLICATION / SIMILARITY CHECKING
You can find those questions which have been approved by other players in the Mini Quiz.
In this phase we're checking if there's no similar question in the database yet.
You can see the new question on this window and an existing one, which has been detected by our algorithm as a very similar or same question.
You can choose from the following options in this phase:
- The two questions DO NOT match in content.
- Duplication. The two questions match in content.
If the majority of the players vote on the first option the new question will be released in the database.
You can collect Knowledge Points for your activity in the Library regarding to the new questions:
- for submitting a new question
- for doing the Mini Quiz (checkin new questions)
- for the duplication checking
Submitters of questions to THX GAMES Tartalomfejlesztő Zártkörűen Működő Részvénytársaság are not entitled to any remuneration or consideration, and can not prohibit the further use of the questions after they have been submitted.